Archive for May, 2009
Well, we finished up the EPP Park Jet Video Series. After 6 videos we got the RC plane built, flown and dialed in. I am pretty happy with the way she turned out and glad how she flies. She is a pretty fast RC Park Jet once you get her up to speed. I hope you all enjoyed the video series too. Please stay tuned to our YouTube channel, there will be many more projects coming out soon.
I’ve up loaded a FREE PDF Basic Template for this plane for anyone who may like to try and build one too. Just note, these are not intended to be complete instructions. These are intended for persons who already have building experience and can improvise where needed. That is what scratch building is all about anyways, right? A little later I will put a bit more effort into the plans and make them into full instructions. But for now I hope at least some of you will enjoy the basic template. Also you can watch the YouTube videos for some tips on the build I did.
Click on the Link or Picture below to get the FREE PDF file:
Link to the recommended Brushless Motor and ESC for the EPP Park Jet:
You can view the whole EPP Park Jet Video series here:
Now that Phase 1 is complete our Bulletproof Build Along #1 will be moving into Phase 2. Below we have listed the recommended parts that will be need to complete Phase 2 of this build.
General Building Materials:
- 1/16″ x 4″ X 24″ Basswood (1) sheet
- 1/8″ X 3″ X 36″ Balsa wood (1) sheet
- 3/8″ X 3/8″ X 24″ Basswood (1) stick
Recommended Motor options:
Any 2000kv to 3000kv motor capable of 200watts output or more. Please note there are two motor options listed under motor examples. Please select accordingly to your flight skill. Option 1 is a less powerful setup, but should still offer great performance. Also option 1 is available at our Affiliate rcHotdeals at the link below, listed under “Combo Packages” once you follow the link. Option 2 is much more powerful and we recommend only pilots with some good flying experience to persue this option.
- Option 1: Suppo BL-2212/6 2200kv Brushless motor & Suppo SP-30A ESC Combo (use 25c or 30c batteries) Motor and ESC Combo available from our affiliate rcHotDeals, under “Combo Packages” for the low price of $29.99.
- Option 2: TP 2415-09T 2700kv Brushless motor use with SuperSimple 50A ESC or equivalent 50amp ESC (must use 30c batteries with option 2). Option 2 is available via HobbyKing (HobbyCity). rcFoamFighters is not an Affiliate with HobbyKing (HobbyCity), but we have used them for parts on several occasions with positve experiences.
Link to Option 2 motor at HobbyCity:
Motor stick mounts:
- HTX stick mount (or equivalent stick mount)
- Hitec HS-82MG (2 needed) or any metal gear servos (9g to 19g)
- Great Planes small 3/4″ nylon control horns (1 pair) or equivalent
- Du-Bro super strength servo arms (1 set) or equivalent
- Du-Bro control rods with metal clevis (1 pair) or equivalent
- Battery max constant amp draw must be 1.5 times motor max amp draw
- Zippy Rhino 2250mah 3s1p 30c lipo batteries (67.5amp max constant)
- Zippy Flight Max 2200mah 3s1p 30c lipo batteries (66.5amp max constant)
Cool Aircraft Posters now available via our Affiliate, All Posters.com. Please see the new menu link “Aircraft Posters” at the top of the blog page. This new tab is provided for anyone who may be interested in Cool Aircraft Wall Art.
Ø Most affordable hotwire tool available (priced from $7 to $13)
Ø Must have tool for cutting and shaping EPP and most other types of foam
Ø Extremely portable battery powered (requires two D cell batteries)
Ø Very reliable and simple to operate making it user friendly
Ø Includes spare replacement wire strands
We just wanted to share the news with our fellow RC pilots,
Just recently rcFoamFighters was accepted as an Affiliate to rcHotDeals. rcHotDeals has been one of the internet stores we have used to purchase several motors and esc combos for our RC planes as featured on YouTube. They offer great pricing, only $29.99 for a 2200kv brusless motor and 30A ESC. This is the combo we used for the FF-22 and FF-23, The Novajet, Bulletplane and Bulletproof plane. These Motors and ESC’s are not quite the quality of the super high dollar motors, but are well worth the $29.99. Also rchotDeals is very quick to ship items ordered, we have commonly gotten our items within a few days.
For the Best Deals on Motors and ESC’s once on the site, goto “Combo Packages” under the pull down menu as shown below.
So if you are looking for low cost brushless motors, ESC’s and other RC related items, we recommend you take a look around at rcHotDeals. (Click on the Picture to visit website)