Now that Phase 1 is complete our Bulletproof Build Along #1 will be moving into Phase 2. Below we have listed the recommended parts that will be need to complete Phase 2 of this build.
General Building Materials:
- 1/16″ x 4″ X 24″ Basswood (1) sheet
- 1/8″ X 3″ X 36″ Balsa wood (1) sheet
- 3/8″ X 3/8″ X 24″ Basswood (1) stick
Recommended Motor options:
Any 2000kv to 3000kv motor capable of 200watts output or more. Please note there are two motor options listed under motor examples. Please select accordingly to your flight skill. Option 1 is a less powerful setup, but should still offer great performance. Also option 1 is available at our Affiliate rcHotdeals at the link below, listed under “Combo Packages” once you follow the link. Option 2 is much more powerful and we recommend only pilots with some good flying experience to persue this option.
- Option 1: Suppo BL-2212/6 2200kv Brushless motor & Suppo SP-30A ESC Combo (use 25c or 30c batteries) Motor and ESC Combo available from our affiliate rcHotDeals, under “Combo Packages” for the low price of $29.99.
- Option 2: TP 2415-09T 2700kv Brushless motor use with SuperSimple 50A ESC or equivalent 50amp ESC (must use 30c batteries with option 2). Option 2 is available via HobbyKing (HobbyCity). rcFoamFighters is not an Affiliate with HobbyKing (HobbyCity), but we have used them for parts on several occasions with positve experiences.
Link to Option 2 motor at HobbyCity:
Motor stick mounts:
- HTX stick mount (or equivalent stick mount)
- Hitec HS-82MG (2 needed) or any metal gear servos (9g to 19g)
- Great Planes small 3/4″ nylon control horns (1 pair) or equivalent
- Du-Bro super strength servo arms (1 set) or equivalent
- Du-Bro control rods with metal clevis (1 pair) or equivalent
- Battery max constant amp draw must be 1.5 times motor max amp draw
- Zippy Rhino 2250mah 3s1p 30c lipo batteries (67.5amp max constant)
- Zippy Flight Max 2200mah 3s1p 30c lipo batteries (66.5amp max constant)